Well Done Everyone!
The funds raised by our community through the wonderful support for the 2014 Pram Race came to just short of £11,000. This includes, for the first time, the financial contribution made by each of the pubs and club this year. Our grateful thanks go to them and the other organisations, particularly Wooldridge, that support the event.
After retaining sufficient funds to prepare for the 2015 race the trustees have distributed the balance to a wide range of local organisations and charities. This year over half was allocated on the basis of the designated local charities of the excellent volunteer marshals who give up their time to make the race happen.
Here are this year's beneficiaries:
- Bagshot Scout Group
- First Windlesham Scout Group
- Lightwater District Guides/Rangers
- Over 60's luncheon Club
- Quest RDA Chobham
- SBHC Mayor's Charity Appeal
- St John's Ambulance Chobham
- Stipperstones - Welmede Housing
- Surrey Border Lions Club
- Valley End Cricket Club
- W. C. Lee's Rest Houses
- Windle Valley Youth Project
- Windlesham Bowls Club
- Windlesham Branch Royal British Legion
- Windlesham Darby & Joan Club
- Windlesham Drama Group
- Windlesham Fete
- Windlesham Field of Remembrance
- Windlesham Guides
- Windlesham United Charities
- Windlesham United Football Club (Youth section)
- Woking Hospice
The race may be over but the chance to buy exclusive Pram Race clothing is not...
We've been extending the range of Pram Race goodies over the past couple of weeks so if you fancy a T-shirt, phone case or hat you can buy one by following the link below. All profits will go to Charity.
More items are being added all the time.
Check out our Pram Race shop now!
Photos of the Event
Check out pictures from the 2014 Race in the Photo Gallery